Sunday, February 20, 2011

Winco Trip and the Weekend

I've been studying and doing homework all day today since we got home from church. David took the kids so I could have a quiet house. I was able to get all of my homework for the week done today so we can spend the day relaxing and having fun tomorrow (he's off for President's Day!). I need a day to relax, too, so tomorrow should be really nice. I may even get to go to Gleaner's early in the day so dinner won't end up being a rush tomorrow night. Who knows, maybe I'll even take a bath and paint my toenails.

So, on Friday afternoon, I took a quick trip to our local Winco. Their prices are really good and they have a huge bulk section, too. Although I didn't get anything out of their bulk section other than some chocolate chips this time, I now have a much better idea of what I'll be stocking up on when I go there... flours, grains, spices, raisins, nuts, and dried cranberries being some of them.

Here was my tally for Friday's trip:
1 bunch celery $2.07
5 lbs red potatoes $1.98
1 pks sliced mushrooms $1.48
3 lbs onions $1.48
2 lbs carrots $0.88
1.12 lbs chocolate chips $2.32
1 box Tillamook butter $2.28
18 ct. eggs $2.13
1 tub Honey Greek Yogurt $2.50
1 pkg C batteries $3.68
1 pkg. AA batteries $3.68
12 1-pint canning jars for storing baking goods $8.72
Total $33.20

Adding this up with the totals from earlier in the month, our total out of pocket so far for February is $121.55. There is $106 remaining in my envelope (some of that was leftover from last month's budget), but we're coming closer to the end of the month, so we're doing good! I still need some larger canning jars and glass cannisters for the rest of my baking goods and dried beans/peas, but I'm not sure if I'll get those this month or not.

Saturday's Spreads
B:
Oatmeal
Snack: I made some ranger cookies just because.

L: BBQ chicken salad pitas (BBQ chicken, onion, celery, and mayo) and butternut squash soup.

D: Not fancy! We had some triscuits with soft blue cheese, leftover whole wheat cornbread, and Top Ramen (I know! So not healthy!). The girls jumped up and down when we told them they could eat pb&j sandwiches (on whole grain bread).

Sunday's Sustenance
B:
Homemade granola (Oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut, raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sweetened with honey and brown sugar) with honey greek yogurt.

L: Egg scramble with onions, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Topped with some hot sauce and sour cream. Yummo!

D: It's fend for yourself night again, much like last night :). David and the kids are eating at the in-laws' house and I'm making myself a BBQ chicken salad... a spinach salad with tomatoes, mushrooms, and sunflower seeds.

No comments: