Monday, January 08, 2007

Four Months (a little late)

Dear, sweet baby girl,

Last Friday you turned 4 months old. You have gotten so big! When you went to the doctor, they told us you were over 14 lbs. You are in the 75th percentile for your weight. Wow! You're a whole 2 feet long now, too. I'd better not close my eyes because you'll change before I open them again. You are such a gift! You just keep getting cuter by the day.



We had a really busy month. We moved from your first home to a new place, so I have been trying to balance spending time with you and actually getting things done around here. It's hard because all I want to do is be with you and Daddy!




You're always learning something new. You love to "talk". As soon as I put you down on the changing table, it's social time. But then, every time is social time, isn't it?




You're still sleeping through the night like a champ. Mommy and Daddy really appreciate that. The day is another story. You fuss for most of the time that you're awake. Sometimes you refuse to take your bottle... or nurse. Sometimes you scream no matter what we do. You also spit up a LOT! I wish you could tell us what was wrong, but mommy really does her best to keep you happy and healthy.




You had your first Christmas!



And so did your cousins:





You have tried your first rice cereal, too. I don't think you know that it's food, yet. You think I am playing with you. You coo, smile, spit... pretty much anything but eat. It's the cutest thing. One of these days you'll get it! You also learned how to hold a rattle the other day. You try to hold your bottle sometimes, but you usually get your fingers in your mouth and make yourself mad because you can't get any milk out. You discover a new noise every few days and become very interested in making that noise over and over again. The other day it was this noise:


Needless to say our ears hurt by the end of the day:)

Mommy loves you more and more each day!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh...I can't believe she is four months already! She is so cute! I loved the video of her making that noise...too cute!
As always, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Just De-lurking to say "HI"
I have read your blog for quite sometime now. I love your babies little fat cheeks and you have inspired me to say the least.

I hope things start looking up a bit in the near future, I have been there and I promise it will get better.

~Shay