Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wally World

Today was the first day in a while that I had Dorothy all to myself, as well as my first full day being off of bedrest. So naturally I called my sister (who also has a 2 year old) to see if she wanted to come to Wal Mart with me. Dorothy loves her cousin and she was really excited to go see him. We got a few things at Wal Mart, including stuff to make diaper detergent and a pair of Winnie-the-Pooh shoes for Dorothy. But going to the baby section with a sick toddler *might* not be the best idea and *could* cause a temper tantrum. We didn't stay in the baby section very long.

We had a good morning, but her cough has been really loose and almost wheezy today. She woke up from nap really congested so my mom had her breathe in steam from her coffee, which loosened her up a bit. I may keep her home from day care tomorrow if her cough is still bad, especially since she gags on the phlegm quite a bit now that the cough is more productive. If she threw up at day care, they'd just call me to come get her, anyway. So far all I've had is a scratchy throat, so I'm hoping to avoid being really sick. David is pretty congested and has a cough. Good thing he has a 3-day weekend to rest up now. We're going to try to go out to a movie tomorrow night, but that might have to wait since not all of us are feeling very well.

No comments: