Thursday, January 03, 2013

A Beautiful New Year

Has it really been a year since I last wrote? I find that (most days) I write in my head, but the ideas never make it onto the page. Nevertheless, here I find myself catching a quiet moment. The last year has been good to us.

A Spring filled with Bible study, Dorothy finishing Kindergarten, and our family finding a new church. Oddly enough, we weren't even searching for one, but we absolutely love where we are. It's such a loving, faithful group of people.

A Summer filled with gardening, camping, William turning 2, Dorothy turning 6, and finally finishing the coop and buying chickens. As of now, we have 3, but soon we'll get a permit for 3 more so that we can keep them for a friend.

A Fall filled with canning, apple picking, cider making, baking, getting a small dog, and Dorothy going to first grade. Also this Fall? I began the Doula Practicum at Birthingway College of Midwifery so that I can finish my certification and work as a doula. I am so thrilled with how it has been going, and can't wait until March when I will be finished certifying and able to launch my very own business. A business doing something I love!

Now here we are. It's Winter again. We just had an amazing Christmas filled with family, friends, and thankfulness. I am excited about this year and all that God has in store for us. I don't normally make resolutions, but this year I do have some goals. Here they are in no particular order.

~Create a website for my doula business.
~Create an Etsy shop for my crafty things and art.
~Launch my new business as a doTerra essential oil consultant. I am really excited about this one, since I think it will really compliment my doula practice.
~Focus on my health. Get regular sleep, exercise, cut out sugar, and take some time for relaxation.
~Research and prepare curriculum for homeschooling the kids. Starting in the fall, I will be teaching my children at home. Dorothy in 2nd grade, Charlotte in Pre-K, and William doing some beginning preschool activities.
~Finish organizing and getting rid of things in the basement (this is my laundry area and where we will do school next fall.
~Live in the moment, appreciate my blessings, and love/serve people to the best of my ability.

Do you have any goals for the New Year?

No comments: