Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mmmmmmmango Salsa

(Photo Credit)
Anyone who knows me at all, knows that I love me some salsa. In fact, when I was extremely morning sick with all of my pregnancies, one of the only things that made my stomach feel somewhat normal was a big ol' plate of tortilla chips with melted cheddar and some nice, fresh salsa. Well, since I had gone to Costco and bought a box of 9 large mangoes (for about 75 cents each), I thought it might be time to make some salsa! I snooped around for recipes and didn't find one that really struck me. So I kind of picked things that I liked about various recipes and did my own thing. I like doing that. My friend Jessi calls this "Amelia Bedelia-ing". Remember Amelia Bedelia?

Anyway, as I was saying, I made some salsa. I went out to my garden and picked some parsley, some green onions, and a purple torpedo onion. I also had an avocado and some tomatoes from Gleaner's, as well as some lime juice in the fridge. I jazzed it up with some salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper from the spice cabinet and... ta-da! Mango salsa was born. Following this recipe should give you a nice, big bowl to share with those you love. Or, you can put it in the fridge and hide it all for yourself. Your call. Either way, it's a winner.

Mmmmmmmango Salsa
2 large tomatoes, diced
2 large mangoes, peeled and diced
1 small onion, diced
1 avocado, diced
1 bunch green onions, sliced (What? Not diced?)
1 handful fresh parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
1-2 Tbsp. lime juice
salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste

Throw it all in the bowl, stir it up, and eat it. And yes, I do tend to make things that I can just dump together and stir, don't you?

7 comments:

MoxieBlue said...

Oh, and it is SOOO nummy!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :D

RoseAnn said...

Sounds tasty!

I have a niece Amelia and I am counting down until I can start giving her the Amelia Bedelia books!

Becci said...

That salsa was so good! More, please. :)

Becci said...

That's funny...I didn't realize that blogger was on this email account...these two posts are actually Mr. Miraclebaby. :)

Becci said...

I love those books, RoseAnn. We really need to get some for the girls.

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog while googling blogs/bedrest... would love to be in touch with you but don't see any contact info here on your blog - looking for support! Our experiences (thus far) sound somewhat similar... would love to connect. :-)

-April

Becci said...

My email is beskimo at gmail dot com if you'd like to get in touch :)