Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Time to Write

I've been ignoring my blog for far too long. With the craziness of life and adding yet another baby to our family, blogging has fallen by the wayside. That's right! William David came to join us in August after a long, hard pregnancy. 7.5 weeks of which were spent in the hospital. Now our little family is complete, so my blog will be more focused on the "beyond" rather than the "bedrest". I'm thinking of re-naming my blog, but for now it will stay as it is.

The good news is that I am writing again!

However, I am thinking of what my focus should be on...

I am still in school, although it is very part-time right now. I am taking a bit of a break after everything I've been through this year. Last December, I found out I was pregnant with William while I was taking full-time classes. I ended up having to get the cerclage done TWICE. Both times it slipped out, which is why I ended up in the hospital with him. It was a really difficult time, but God really kept His hand on the whole situation, and William came a full-term, healthy baby. When he was 6 weeks old, I started classes up after my break during summer term. In October, I also took a doula training class. I need to get 5 births under my belt for certification, but I am really excited about the possibility of being able to stay home with the kids most of the time and still earn some money doing something that I believe I will love. I'm still thinking of and praying about what my future looks like with school, work, and family. I'm not quite sure where God is leading at this point. I finished my associate's degree and my nursing prerequisites in December. This term I am only taking Spanish, which I will likely continue with for a while, since I am really enjoying it.

Some things I might be blogging about as I begin to write again:

*Faith
*Family
*Natural living
*Living on a budget
*Childbirth

Oh, and speaking of living on a budget, I recently joined Swagbucks! I am hoping to pay for Christmas gifts this year with my Amazon gift cards I earn there. If you want to swag, follow this link. It's easy! You search, watch videos, and enter codes to get points. The points add up and you can cash them in for all sorts of prizes. I'm saving mine for Amazon gift cards, but there are tons of other options as well. I'll be updating as I earn each gift card, and we'll see how much I can save up by the end of the year. The great thing is that once you sign up, anybody you refer will get you some swag bucks as well. It's worth a try! I've already earned one $5 gift card and am about 100 Swagbucks away from another one. Not too shabby.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I just about fell off my chair when I saw an update from you. Welcome back to the blogging world!