Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More good news!

I had another ultrasound yesterday, followed by a midwife appointment in the afternoon. The baby measured 7w2d and heartbeat was strong at 144 bpm. I'm still having digestive issues, and the midwife thought it might be due to the progesterone I'm taking. I should be getting off of that around 10 weeks, so hopefully that will bring some relief. Until then, I'll have to take the occasional suppository, eat my fiber one cereal, and drink more. Drinking anything is hard right now, but I find that the fruity herbal teas are mild enough on my stomach if I sip them. Broth is also something that has been settling alright, as well as popcicles. I'll be glad to be out of the first trimester... my body is not treating me well, but a baby at the end makes all of it worthwhile.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. When I was having morninng sickness someone recomended ginger peach tea. It was pretty good. Only five more weeks to go until you are out of your first trimester!

Anonymous said...

ooh Becci I am so happy! Ive been praying for you and your family, and I will continue! I know the feeling of being so absolutely barfy in pregnancy. Ugh.

-Melanie Sainz

Lizze said...

Yay! :)

So sorry about the tummy troubles. But...

YAY! :)

Elizabeth said...

Yay! for the good baby report.

Boooo! for the digestive report.

The Queen B said...

I'm so happy for you Becci!!

Anonymous said...

The word verification for sending this message on to you was goovitlh. Just thought I should share that since it even sounds like morning sickness...

It sounds like everything excepting the slow digestion is right on target!

purple_kangaroo said...

Yay! I hope things continue to go great and that you start feeling better soon.

Alice said...

that is great news. hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Such great news, I hope you are feeling better. Hope you update soon!