Saturday, April 29, 2006

Bear hugs

Tonight David and I watched Grizzly Man, a documentary on a man who spent long summers in the Alaskan wilderness with the grizzly bears. Veeeerrry interesting. This guy was actually pretty nuts, but got some great shots of bears in the wild. His problem was he thought he was one of them, even to the point of taking on some of their mannerisms. In my opinion, when you put yourself in those situations it is only a matter of time before you get EATEN, which is precisely what happened to him at the end of his 13th summer with the grizzlies. He saw himself as the sole protector of the bears, the only one who cared anything about them. Many times throughout the film he could be heard saying "I love you, yes I do," to the bears or the foxes. There was even a scene where he was deeply moved that a bee had died in the middle of his task of collecting nectar from the fireweed. He was most definitely an extreme individual, and the movie was actually nothing like I expected it would be other than the fact that I did, in fact, see lots of bears.

Speaking of bears, this pregnancy thing has changed my sleeping habits. My husband now feels replaced by a big, stuffed bear that I hug while I drift off to lala land. I just HAVE to be surrounded by fluffy things to fall asleep now. Several times I have gone to our room to get into bed only to have to hunt for the bear that has been hidden from me. I'm sorry honey. I do love you, but the bear is a must. Must have bear....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now for an updated shot of me at 21 weeks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have indeed made in one more week! Can we say party time? 28 weeks can't get here fast enough for me and we are now that much closer. Of course it doesn't take much to amuse me right now, so I take what I can get.

3 comments:

purple_kangaroo said...

Cute bear. I like to sleep with a bear or pillow or something to hug, too.

You're doing a great job . . . keep up the good work.

Tonya said...

I need a body pillow to sleep or I may as well forget it!!

You are doing great!!

sarah said...

Congrats on getting one more week out of the way!

I totally understand the need for the cuddly things! My poor husband has to share the bed with me, a cuddle pillow and two cats...