Sunday, November 12, 2006

Green Bean Surprise

We had a bit of a scare on Wednesday with a can of green beans.

We had just finished lunch and I went to rinse out and recycle the can that we had just eaten green beans out of. I noticed that there were rust spots under the label. Then I looked on the inside of the can. The rust had gone to the inside of the can (not a lot, but enough to freak me out). Immediately my mind went to horror stories of botulism. I made David call poison control to make sure we weren't going to croak on the spot. Call me dramatic. I don't care.

For the next few days I pumped and froze my milk, using previously frozen milk to feed the baby. What if my milk had *gasp* BACTERIA??

I thought of writing an "if I die tonight" post, but I thought that might be a bit extreme;)

Obviously we're alive and kicking.


purple_kangaroo said...

I'm so glad you didn't get sick. We had a great time with you last night--I just wrote a post about it and posted the photos I took.

my4kids said...

That is scary Becci! I haven't had that happen yet but I probably would have reacted the same way. I suppose it is a good thing you do pump and save your milk or it could have been an interesting time trying to get her to take something else!

Tonya said...

glad you are all aright and I would have been scared too.. you never know what can happen so its better to be on the safe side :)