Friday, November 10, 2006

Goodbye Size 0-3 mo.

A couple of weeks ago I had to switch Dorothy to the next size of clothing. There was a hint of sadness as I folded the little clothes and placed them in paper bags for storage. The jammies had gotten too small and would stretch when she put her legs out straight. The onesies were getting too short (especially with the cloth diapers). Not to mention that I got maybe a dozen summery dresses that she never got to wear because we started getting too many rainy days. What I don't understand is why all brands don't make the sizes go to the same weight. Most of the 0-3 sizes go up to 11 lbs (Dorothy is now almost 12) and some of them go up to 12 or 12 1/2 lbs. Before she was born, when I first started sorting through her clothes, I didn't even know how to sort them. I had to call my sister-in-law and ask her which size to put the 6 month size in. Was it 3-6 or 6-9? One of my favorite things about getting ready for Dorothy was sitting in her room with a big pile of freshly washed baby clothes. I oogled over all the cute outfits imagining what they would look like on her. I held the clothes up to my face and wondered what she would smell like. I love that baby smell (I'm sure I've mentioned that before). I knew she would grow fast, but she has grown even faster than I thought she would. My friend had twins on Saturday and they were 6 lbs each. Looking at Dorothy was so amazing because she was two times their size! And she's only two months old. What a healthy little girl. Although I put her little clothes away with some sadness the other week, I am glad that she's right on track.

And that I get to put her in most of her cutest clothes. Most of the clothes I like best are in the 3-6 mo. size.

And maybe someday I can use them again....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...they grow so fast! I can't believe she is two months old already!

Emmakirst said...

They certainly do grow fast! Ava is already wearing mostly size 12 mos. Hopefully you'll get more use out of those cute little clothes. :)

Tonya said...

oh yeah they sure grow fast but just look at it this way.. the bigger she gets the more fun you can have with her!! Glad she is right on track though :)