Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th!

I hope you all had a great Independence Day! The past few days here have been much more relaxing for me. I'm sure I said that in my last post, but it's oh-so-true. It is so nice not having to worry about the house (among other things).

I have watched my niece play in her pool:



I have relaxed with my hubby:



I have played some games:



I have continued to admire a cute little baby:



I have taken random pictures of my sister's tortoise shell cat:



And my belly has continued to get bigger:



Yesterday we just spent the day playing games here and then went to my parents' house (they live right up the street) and had a bbq and played some more games. A lot of the people in my parents' neighborhood set off big fireworks (they are illegal here) so I layed on the lawn chair and watched the "show". We set off a few of our own, though they were rather amusing compared to the other ones going off all around us. In all it was a good day. Today I am working on the baby shower invitations. In a way it is hard for me to do because of the... what shall I call it... paranoia? Even though all the odds are in our favor for a healthy baby there is still part of me that is fearful. But I am looking forward to opening all the baby stuff and putting together Dorothy's room. I am determined to enjoy this!

8 comments:

Mel said...

Woo Hoo - glad you are able to relax a bit more and are able to plan your baby shower and look forward to the long awaited arrival of Baby Dorothy! Take Care, Mel x

Lori Rode said...

You look so happy and healthy! Yippee! We're praying for you every day.

Melissa said...

I think its just great that you are more relaxed now!
It sounds like you had a great 4th. You look great too!
Good luck with the shower preperations. I can totally understand your paranoia..I can't even let myself begin to think about that stuff yet. But I think you are definately safe at this point. Enjoy what you can and keep on relaxing!

Mandy said...

You look so happy! Glowy even! Glad you had a happy fourth. Glad you are feeling more relaxed and are breathing easier about Dorothy's arrival. I am so excited to see pictures of her.

Kathy said...

Yay! You're getting out and doing things! You definitely sound more relaxed.

sarah said...

looks like you had a great 4th! Enjoy these last weeks of pregnancy! They go by quickly and you are in a great place right now!

Anonymous said...

love checking in...what a blessing!

Shawn Marie said...

You look AWESOME! So cute! I am elated that you have hit the 30 mark! That baby girl will be here before you know it! I can't wait! Hang in there girl!