Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Big Thank You!

I must say a big thank you to Catherine for sending me a package to make bedrest more interesting. I have been so amazed at the outpouring of support from people that I have never met face to face. How wonderful to find people that have been through similar experiences that we can relate to. This blogging world is like a whole community in which we share our struggles and joys. We can mourn and celebrate together. Many times we share things on our blogs that we wouldn't elsewhere, bringing us closer because we have had those same thoughts and feelings for so long and have been afraid to speak them.

So, Catherine, I want to thank you for your generous heart. After losing two children of your own you still reach out to other people, let alone someone you only know through the computer screen. not only am I touched by this but I am touched by your writing. You are honest about where you are in life. You don't shy away from the feelings that you have or pretend that they are not there. You are real and raw and in that you help other people know that they are not alone in their grief. Thank you. I can't say it enough.

Now for some pictures to show off my new treasures!

First off, who can be on bedrest without some puzzle games to play with (plus a one month subscription to Netflix)?



I could always use a new project to keep me busy!



And who doesn't want some pretty nails? You ought to see me trying to paint my own toenails!



And here is my replacement "diamond" for while my wedding ring is being fixed:



And of course every woman's weakness:



I saved my favorite part for last...



This bracelet is so beautiful, I was floored when I opened it because I have been looking at all the sites that custom make memorial jewelry and have yet to order one. The beads are a combination of a beautiful pink and silver. Kaily's name is spelled out and there is a tiny footprint charm on the clasp. It is the gift that has touched me the most since the ring I got from David. Just gorgeous. I put it right on and can't stop looking at it!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm so glad you like it. {{{hugs}}}

Mandy said...

That is just the sweetest thing ever. The bracelet is gorgeous.

purple_kangaroo said...

What a beautiful bracelet.

Tonya said...

That is so generous of Catherine.. and everything is great.. the bracelet is beautiful!!

sarah said...

I can't believe you can even attempt to paint your toenails anymore!! LOL--I gave that up by the second trimester!

Emmakirst said...

The bracelet is absolutely gorgeous. How very generous and sweet of Catherine :)

Anonymous said...

If you can't reach your toes - make the husband do it. Mine made me promise to never ever tell that he painted my toes while I was on bedrest. He was watching baseball while doing it though.

soralis said...

What nice gifts... the bracelet is beautiful.

Take care

Lynne said...

What wonderfully thoughtful gifts, and the bracelet is absolutely beautiful!