Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Lord Provides

It's amazing to see how our needs are met in spite of having a limited budget. In our effort to pay off debt and live within our means, we cut out our clothing and diaper budget. Well, God provides more than we need! When I was pregnant with Charlotte, I got to know a wonderful group of ladies on an online cloth diapering forum. We were all due in January 2009, and we chatted throughout our pregnancies.We connected with each other so well that we've kept in touch almost daily ever since. We do gift exchanges each Christmas and often send diapers and clothing to each other when we're done using them. Well, today we got a giant box of clothing in the mail from one of these sweet, generous friends.

Dorothy was ecstatic...


She found and tried on her new tutu right away.


Charlotte helped to unload everything, too, dancing around in excitement.


First, we pulled out an entire stash of medium and large all-in-ones that will work well for both Charlotte and William.


Next, we found everything William could wear for 18-24 months, including jammies, pants, shirts, hoodies, swim trunks, socks, shorts, and hats.


Last but not least, Dorothy got a 5T wardrobe as well, including jammies, shirt & legging sets, a couple of dresses with leggings, and some hoodies. As she pulled out the ballerina jammies, she said, "oh, mommy, wow! I wished for these!"


So, although we're not rich, we are richly blessed. I'm so thankful for God's provision, but even more thankful for the friendships I have been given... a group of women that are in the same walk of life who I can be real with on my worst days without fear of rejection. What more could I ask for? And we are more than happy to pass along our things to those who would be blessed by them, too. In fact, our newborn diapers are going out to a couple of these lovely ladies this week. We joke about the "traveling pants" that one of our group members knitted for William that are now being passed along to each new baby boy. But it's really traveling pants... diapers... shirts... dresses...

Thanks for everything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!

Linda said...

When I was raising my girls; I also had a network of friend that we received care packages from, one was my aunt, when I was growing up, I got care packages from her daughter's hand me downs (my cousin) then when the girls were growing up we got packages from my aunt via my cousin; that her faughter grew out of, both families had vey nice things that my dad, and then myself could afford. It wad nice they shared their blessings with me and my girls. It was a special time when the boxes arrived.