Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Is it Wednesday already?

This week is already flying by! My uncle has been in town from the east coast since Friday afternoon. We celebrated his birthday and my Grandma's 80th birthday on Saturday afternoon as a family. On Sunday I subbed for someone on worship team and the worship, communion, and sermon were just what I needed. Monday we spent the day at my parents' house to visit some more with my uncle. By Monday evening I was pretty sure I was getting mastitis. Yesterday morning I went in to get some antibiotics and painkillers, so David stayed home from work to help out with the kids. It's been a busy few days. This weekend will be busy, too, since William and I are headed up to Washington for a women's retreat with a church I have attended on and off since my early 20's. I'm looking forward to a good time with some dear friends, as well as a time of prayer and reflection that is hard to come by as a mother of small children.

Today we'll just spend a laid back day so I can rest a bit more. We'll probably head over to my sister-in-law's house so the kids can spend some much-needed time playing with their cousins while I get some girl time in. Maybe I'll throw together some chili for the crockpot before we go. Chili and cornbread is great comfort food!

No comments: