Monday, May 07, 2007

Eight whole months!


Can it be that Dorothy has been outside of my womb for eight months? It seems slightly unreal to me that it has been that long. Time has really flown by for me, and though I try to treasure the time I have with her, it seems to slip away so fast while I'm trying to keep up. I totally lost track of time and didn't even write anything for her seven month birthday. Four more months and she will be a year old, around the same time we are considering trying for another baby. I still don't know if I'll be ready then, but it's still a possibility.

Dressing her up is still one of my favorite things to do, and thanks to so many of you generous bloggers out there (you know who you are) Dorothy has a ton of the cutest clothes ever! So many clothes that I don't have to buy anything until the 18-24 month size.



Dorothy really seems to be a Daddy's girl. Especially when he goes out of town for work. She just lights up when he walks in the room. Daddy means play time!





All that tummy time still hasn't helped her learn how to crawl...



But there's nothing sweeter than taking a nap in the middle of the living room wearing nothing but a diaper...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been pondering something for a while now. In high school I was a good student. In my senior year I slacked off too much (and also took 2 more classes than a full schedule) so my GPA was only 3.74 when I graduated. To this day I still love to learn, but I never decided to go to college. But lately I have been having that itch. And more for a particular reason. You see, I want to help women that have been where I have been, and the best way to do that would be to go to school and become a nurse. I have filled out the FAFSA and I'm looking at going to Warner Pacific if they have evening classes for a pre-nursing program. I'll find out more as the weeks go on, but I feel like this is really something I can do.

Here's to a dream.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 8 months, Dorothy! The pictures are beautiful--she's getting so big!
Nursing school seems like a GREAT idea. Hope things work out for you, Becci!

Tonya said...

Happy 8 months Dorothy!! I love all the pics.. she is too sweet :) Good luck with your nursing.. I think it sounds great and you can DEFINITELY do it!! :)

my4kids said...

Happy 8 months Dorothy. It sure doesn't seem that long! I love the sleeping picture especially with her thumb in her mouth!
Nursing is a good idea. My sister went back to school for that and she is almost done

The Queen B said...

Wow!! Going back to school is a big thing but I know you can do it!

Angela said...

Oh my goodness, Dorothy is a doll. She is just so precious. She looks so much like you!

That's awesome that you're considering becoming a nurse.

ttulizzy said...

Happy 8 Months to the adorable Dorothy! As for nursing school...GO FOR IT!